Hello Gracious Readers
Welcome to my stop on The Belle of Belgrave Square
By Mimi Matthews
The Belle of Belgrave Square By Mimi Matthews
Series: Belles of London (Book 2)
• Genre: Historical Romance, Historical Fiction
• Publisher: Berkley Romance (October 11, 2022)
• Length: (432) pages
• Format: Trade paperback, eBook, & audiobook
• ISBN: 978-0593337158
• Tour Dates: October 3 – 23, 2022
A BookBub Best Romance of 2022
A London heiress rides out to the wilds of the English countryside to honor a marriage of convenience with a mysterious and reclusive stranger.
Tall, dark, and dour, the notorious Captain Jasper Blunt was once hailed a military hero, but tales abound of his bastard children and his haunted estate in Yorkshire. What he requires now is a rich wife to ornament his isolated ruin, and he has his sights set on the enchanting Julia Wychwood.
For Julia, an incurable romantic cursed with a crippling social anxiety, navigating a London ballroom is absolute torture. The only time Julia feels any degree of confidence is when she’s on her horse. Unfortunately, a young lady can’t spend the whole of her life in the saddle, so Julia makes an impetuous decision to take her future by the reins—she proposes to Captain Blunt.
In exchange for her dowry and her hand, Jasper must promise to grant her freedom to do as she pleases. To ride—and to read—as much as she likes without masculine interference. He readily agrees to her conditions, with one provision of his own: Julia is forbidden from going into the tower rooms of his estate and snooping around his affairs. But the more she learns of the beastly former hero, the more intrigued she becomes…
• “A grand cross-class romance, a twisty mystery, and emotional internal struggles combine to excellent effect…fans and new readers alike will root for this well-earned love story.”— Publishers Weekly (starred review)
• “[C]ombines deception, risk, and a resourceful heroine to create an intoxicating, suspenseful romance. Highly recommended.”— Library Journal (starred review)
• “If you’re a fan of Beauty and the Beast, this regency romance will rapidly become a new favorite of yours. Wallflower meets an infamous war hero in this fascinating and intriguing love story.”— BuzzFeed
• “Mimi Matthews never disappoints, with richly drawn characters and couples whose individual shortcomings become strengths, when paired together. In this Beauty and the Beast retelling, we get to root for two underdogs who get to rewrite their own stories.”— Jodi Picoult, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Wish You Were Here
• “The Belle of Belgrave Square is such tremendous, good fun: a heroine with a big horse, an even bigger novel-reading habit, and a hidden anxiety; a hero with a crumbling estate, a trio of wary children, and a literary secret—what’s not to love? Mimi Matthews paints Victorian England with vivid humor, and her Belles of London is set to go on for at least a few more much-anticipated installments. Julian Fellowes fans will rejoice!”— Kate Quinn, New York Times bestselling author of The Diamond Eye
This book was received from the Author, and Publisher, in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.
This is a non spoiler review, because you as reader need to read this book. Also, I feel sometimes I have in the past gave away to much of the plot line. This has diminished the pleasure for would be readers.
This Book Is Pure Perfection !
The Belle of Belgrave Square By Mimi Matthews, is second installment in the Belles of London. A wonderful emotional proper romance, that is by far my all time favorite book by this very talented author.
Captain Jasper Blunt is a scared war hero, his time spent in the Crimean War has earned him a reputation as a ruthless cold hearted man. Along with his well none personal drama. In need of a wealthy heiress, he is in town as a guest, staying at the home of Viscount Ridgeway. If all goes well this season he will acquire a wife that comes with a substantial dowery that will help with renovating his dilapidated Goldfinch estate in Yorkshire.
Julia Wychwood, would much rather be far away from glittering ballrooms a social soirées. Comfortable amongst her books and upon her beloved horse Cossack.
She has a very small circle of friends that are a form of protection from the madding crowds that make up extensive rounds of the ton’s parties. Her social anxieties drive her to escape away from the attentions of wound be suitors. She is the most happiest deep within her precious books. Longing for a quite life of her very own, she suffers at the callused hands of her parents, who live their lives in a perpetual state of ill health. Keeping Julia at hand in London, to make sure she does her duty to them by caring for them. Sacrificing their own daughters own happiness to benefit theirs.
Drawn to each other more than just an extensive dowery, Jasper’s and Julia’s slow burn budding romance is what fairytales are made of, heartfelt and swoon worthy. A marriage of convenience that gives readers everything that they would want and more. There is a little mystery with hidden identities and a locked room in a tower.Jasper’s family antics are a delight to read.
Mimi Matthews, dual narration pulls readers into a delightful and absolutely gorgeous book. A novel of ordinary people struggling through life, who find each other and the bonds of love, family and friendship can be forged with an adoring newfound family.
Rich in details and prose, Matthews excels with her newest book. The Belle of Belgrave Square, exceeded all my expectations. It’s a gorgeous love story, with the right amount of romance and mystery to keep you perfectly entertained from start to finish.
There are so rewarding nods to Hades and Persephone, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, and the tale of Bluebeard’s wife.
Along with more nods to -The Law and the Lady, -Lady Audley’s Secret and -The Blue Castle
VICTORIAN READING ROOM
Join Mimi at her Victorian Reading Room Facebook Group for exclusive access as she shares her love of writing, historical romance, Victorian fashion, brooding heroes, independent heroines, and of course, her beloved pets!
READ AN EXCLSUIVE INTERVIEW WITH MIMI MATTHEWS
Discover intriguing insights into The Belle of Belgrave Square and Mimi’s writing life in this exclusive interview at austenprose.com.
Mimi has generously offered a fabulous giveaway that book tour participants can add to their post and on social media. Here are the details:
Giveaway period: October 3 – October 30
Terms & Conditions:
Giveaway hosted by Mimi Matthews. No Purchase Necessary. Entrants must be 18 years or older. Open to US residents only. All information will remain confidential and will not be sold or otherwise used, except to notify the winner and to facilitate postage of the book to the winner. Void where prohibited.
1 winner (selected at random by Rafflecopter) receives a paperback copy of The Belle of Belgrave Square, signed and annotated by the author with personal comments, underlining of her favorite lines, and other highlights by Mimi Matthews.
Giveaway is open from 12:01 am Pacific time 10/03/22 until 11:59pm Pacific time on 10/30/22.
The winner will be announced on Mimi’s blog on 10/31/22.
Rafflecopter Form: 👇
USA Today bestselling author Mimi Matthews writes both historical nonfiction and award-winning proper Victorian romances. Her novels have received starred reviews in Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, Booklist, and Kirkus, and her articles have been featured on the Victorian Web, the Journal of Victorian Culture, and in syndication at BUST Magazine. In her other life, Mimi is an attorney. She resides in California with her family, which includes a retired Andalusian dressage horse, a Sheltie, and two Siamese cats.